cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arnaud
Level 7

How to become a white listed software?

Hi,

I'm responsible for a software client within Cisco Systems.

Our software is incompatible with Mc Afee restrictions.

Can you tell me how to become white listed?

Thanks,

Arnaud

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ajacobs
Level 12

Re: How to become a white listed software?

I've moved this to our VirusScan Enterprise area. Hopefully an expert can answer your question soon.

0 Kudos
svarghese
Level 9

Hi Arnaud,

Can you ellaborate on the issue being noticed. Is an application being blocked or not getting loaded?

Thanks!

Sunny

0 Kudos
arnaud
Level 7

Hi,

Sure.

Our client, Cisco TelePresence Movi is a video conference client that requires firewall traversal and allocates ports to stream the video.

The application protection in the Mc Afee security suite causes the video stream to be played back at an extremely low frame rate when working at all.

We've tried to counter the problem by configuring the Mc Afee client, but this is too complex for a user and does not allow for a good experience anyway.

So we thought the best way would be to just be filed in the Mc Afee suite as a white listed application.

How can we solve this?

Thanks,

Arnaud

0 Kudos
sgrimmel
Level 11

Hi

It may be an idea to take this up with McAfee Labs to discuss the best approach.

Contact details for your region are as follows:  http://www.mcafee.com/us/mcafee-labs/contact-mcafee-labs.aspx

HTH

0 Kudos
arnaud
Level 7

Hi,

I have sent an email to consulting@mcafee.com 3 weeks ago but did not get an answer.

Is this the right way to go?

Thanks

Arnaud

0 Kudos
sgrimmel
Level 11

I suggest you log a case to have this investigated. It is necessary to know exactly what is being scanned to work out if it can be safely excluded.

For contact details:

Alternatively:

• If you are a registered user, type your User Id and Password and click OK.
  • If you are not a registered user, click New User and complete the required fields. Your password and login instructions will be emailed to you.
0 Kudos
arnaud
Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to register as a new user in https://mysupport.mcafee.com but it requires me to enter a grant #.

How do I get a grant #?

Thanks,

Arnaud Caigniet

Product manager

Cisco Systems

0 Kudos
sgrimmel
Level 11

Hi

You do not have to register to use the largest part of the McAfee KnowledgeBase.

If you still feel you require a GRANT number as a business partner, contact McAfee Customer Services.

For contact details:

HTH

0 Kudos
bgable
Level 11

I've moved this thread into Host Intrusion Prevention which has the enterprise firewall component.

Are you referring to HIP or the consumer firewall?

0 Kudos