cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boudreaux
Level 7

Host Intrusion Prevention issue

Jump to solution

Hello - I'm reaching out to the community to see if others have experienced similar issues.  During a normal patch cycle, I installed McAfee's Host Intrusion Prevention Agent onto a Windows 2003 server, running IIS.  Subsequently, IIS was restarting every couple minutes thereafter.  We didn't notice it until Monday morning, when the users of applications on IIS started complaining about their applications logging them out every couple minutes.  Looking in the system log, IIS resets quite regularly immediately following the installation of the agent.

I killed the McAfee agent process and the problems went away (IIS stopped resetting itself).

Has anyone else experienced this and/or are there any suggestions of what might cause it?

I just did a default install, nothing special.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Host Intrusion Prevention issue

Jump to solution

Please see if KB68577 applies to your environment.  If so, please contact McAfee Support to open a Service Request.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SamSwift
Level 12

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm moving your post to the HIPs community. You'll get a faster answer by choosing a product group next time around

Cheers,

Sam

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

Please see if KB68577 applies to your environment.  If so, please contact McAfee Support to open a Service Request.

0 Kudos
Boudreaux
Level 7

Jump to solution

I should be able to confirm this early next week - need to schedule some downtime.  Thanks very much - it looks like it should solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Boudreaux
Level 7

Jump to solution

That was it - thanks very much for putting me on the solution!

0 Kudos