cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chino111
Level 7

Host Intrusion Prevention Log Parser

After working with HIPs for many years, I found a need for a program to parse the logs without having to log into ePO.  This tool is great for help desks and admins who want to quickly see what is goin on in the logs.

logparser.jpg

0 Kudos
8 Replies
dukebox
Level 9

Re: Host Intrusion Prevention Log Parser

Nice front-end! where can we get it ?

0 Kudos
schmiewliski
Level 10

I would really like to get hold of this too. looks exactly what I need.

0 Kudos
awsomaha
Level 7

This is used by the DoD for log files.....probably not something you can just download at will.

0 Kudos
chino111
Level 7

This program is not DoD software.  I created/own this program.  The intent is to provide it to the DoD at no cost.  I have not decided if I will release a public version yet.  I was seeing if there was interest as I have quite a bit invested.

0 Kudos
Pmaquoi
Level 10

interested too if it's one day available.

0 Kudos

Hi, this tool looks great. Let me know if you give it to the crowd.

regards

0 Kudos
techchick69
Level 7

Good morning,

I'm also very interested to receive this if it goes 'live'!  This parser that chino111 created looks to be more intuitive and has a more of a user-friendly feel than does the log within the actual ePO/HIPS console itself.  Looks like the output would be easier to sift through when actual events happen.  Great concept and idea! 

0 Kudos
chino111
Level 7

The grid allows for full filtering capabilities.  You can parse a SUBNET, Range etc.  The results allow you to use and or statements on the filters.  The results can then be exported to excel.  Our helpdesk uses this to attach to trouble tickets.