cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host Intrusion Prevention Log Parser

After working with HIPs for many years, I found a need for a program to parse the logs without having to log into ePO.  This tool is great for help desks and admins who want to quickly see what is goin on in the logs.

logparser.jpg

8 Replies

Re: Host Intrusion Prevention Log Parser

Nice front-end! where can we get it ?

I would really like to get hold of this too. looks exactly what I need.

This is used by the DoD for log files.....probably not something you can just download at will.

This program is not DoD software.  I created/own this program.  The intent is to provide it to the DoD at no cost.  I have not decided if I will release a public version yet.  I was seeing if there was interest as I have quite a bit invested.

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor Pmaquoi
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 6 of 9

interested too if it's one day available.

Hi, this tool looks great. Let me know if you give it to the crowd.

regards

Good morning,

I'm also very interested to receive this if it goes 'live'!  This parser that chino111 created looks to be more intuitive and has a more of a user-friendly feel than does the log within the actual ePO/HIPS console itself.  Looks like the output would be easier to sift through when actual events happen.  Great concept and idea! 

The grid allows for full filtering capabilities.  You can parse a SUBNET, Range etc.  The results allow you to use and or statements on the filters.  The results can then be exported to excel.  Our helpdesk uses this to attach to trouble tickets.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community