Did you mean: 
hippy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0:IPS

Jump to solution

Hello,

I hope someone can help. I have just checked in HIPS 8.0 into ePO 4.5 and when in the policy catalog there are two entries for one for Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0: Firewall and the second one for Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0: General. The third one is missing namely, Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 IPS. ( I take it is should be present?)

I have reinstalled the product but still the same.

Any ideas?

Hippy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0:IPS

Jump to solution

Hi Hippy,

If you don't have all the extensions checked into ePO, this can cause some functionality to be missing.

It appears for Hips 8 if the "Host IPS License Extension" isn't checked in (HostIPSLicense.zip), this can cause the IPS to be missing from the Policy Catalog.

Hope this helps.

2 Replies

Jump to solution

Hi Hippy,

If you don't have all the extensions checked into ePO, this can cause some functionality to be missing.

It appears for Hips 8 if the "Host IPS License Extension" isn't checked in (HostIPSLicense.zip), this can cause the IPS to be missing from the Policy Catalog.

Hope this helps.

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution

The Host IPS 8.0 product is sold as Firewall only or Firewall/IPS.   Please see page 27 of the Host IPS 8.0 Installation Guide for the extensions list.

PD22891 - Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 Installation Guide