cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tines_p
Level 7

Host IPS: how to modify client created rules to apply to all system in epo.

Hi Guys

I'm in need of some help, With Host IPS in Adaptive mode, Client rules are created. I move them to the general rule that applies to all system in my ePO.

How to I modify the rule so that is will apply to any system trying to launch that same application.

File name: C:\USERS\username replaced\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\IS-0HH96.TMP\GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.TMP

this exception will now inly apply to this user specified, how should I change the rule so that any person in my org can run the same application.

I have tried %username% with no luck, also tried removing every thing and just stating **GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.TMP

any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
McAfee Employee

Re: Host IPS: how to modify client created rules to apply to all system in epo.

The Executable parameter can be limited to just use the file name such as GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-1.2.8.12-RELEASE.TMP, however, remember that the file name may change.  In this instance, you might need to wildcard the file name (GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-*-RELEASE.TMP).

You can wildcard the path too (USERS profile directory, random IS*.TMP directory, and possibly a file name that changes depending on version), such as C:\USERS\*\APPDATA\LOCAL\TEMP\IS*.TMP\GREENSHOT-INSTALLER-*-RELEASE.TMP.

Modify as needed.

0 Kudos