cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Host IPS 8.0 for Linux

Hi,

Can I use Host IPS 8.0 firewall on a Linux or Do I have to use another product as desktop firewall for linux?

Best Regards,

David

4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Host IPS 8.0 for Linux

HIPS 8.0 does not support a firewall on UNIX based. I believe with endpoint security 10, it includes a firewall for UNIX systems but don't quote me on that. Otherwise yes, if you want a host based firewall you will need something other than HIPS.

Highlighted

Do you mean "McAfee Firewall for Linux 8.0" as other product?

Highlighted

If you are trying to manage the firewall via ePO, then yes, you can use mlfw 8.0

https://kc.mcafee.com/resources/sites/MCAFEE/content/live/PRODUCT_DOCUMENTATION/25000/PD25707/en_US/...

Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 5

McAfee Firewall for Linux 8.0.0 it is. At the moment it is a Product on its own but managable via the HIPS ePO Extension starting with 8.0.5.924

McAfee KnowledgeBase - Firewall for Linux 8.0.0 Release Notes

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community