cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patchie
Level 7

Hips is blocking adobe photoshop from opening

Hi, I am the onsite support at a firm.

The attachment 1.gif shows what error the user gets when she tryes to open adobe photoshop. Photoshop also closes instantly and the process "photoshop.exe" must be end'ed in task manager if i want to retry to open photoshop.

If I turn off hips, it works with no error.

2.gif show's what i can find in the eventlogg.

I tryed to set hips in learningmode, but it wont help.

Does anyone have any idea for me?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
tesdall
Level 9

Re: Hips is blocking adobe photoshop from opening

you can set exclusions in hips via the policy:

Hips Intrusion prevention 7.0.3 application blocking > application blocking rules (windows) > setting a new rule called photoshop.exe application path photoshop.exe path only.

Let me know if that works for you.

Message was edited by: tesdall on 12/10/09 12:57:12 PM CST
0 Kudos
maziz
Level 10

Hi

What you are describing and showing in the screenshots seems very unusual and also suspicious behaviour.

Can I suggest that you most certainly run a full scan on the machine and confirm there is nothing malicious on the machine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
petersimmons
Level 12

Unfortunately, our friends at Adobe tend to have a few suspcious functions in several of their applications. This type of behavior isn't unusual to find in Acrobat but I'm not surprised to find it in Photoshop, too.

Usually you can simply ignore these as these suspcious functions are simply dropped. However, if it is preventing some useful function the you may need to write an exception.

0 Kudos