cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware Malfuntion on HP DL G6 machines

Has anyone seen this issue.... We install HIPS 7.0 P6 on a HP DL 380/360 G6 machine and it crashes with a "Hardware Malfuntion" blue screen. It is not a windows BSOD. Just crashes blue. Only way to recover is to boot into safe mode and unisntall HIPS.

Thanks

0 Kudos
15 Replies
sudeepg
Level 10

Re: Hardware Malfuntion on HP DL G6 machines

This could be because of a faulty/old device driver or device itself conflicting with other drivers.

Where does it bluescreen?

Post, Windows splash screen, logon screen, desktop or opening some apps etc?

Message was edited by: Sudeep Garg on 22/2/10 1:16:50 PM IST
0 Kudos

Thanks Sudeep. It does not BSOD. It just gives you a Hardware Malfuntion screen.. Typical HP message.

0 Kudos
sudeepg
Level 10

Lakshman.

We just came to know that there is a BIOS/Firmware update from HP that should resolve the issue.

Please contact HP for the same as it might not be available on the download site as of now.

Update the BIOS and then install HIPS and issue should be resolved.

0 Kudos

Sudeep,

Thank you. I will have to checkw ith HP. Do you have any specific details about what firmware are we talking about here.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

The customer I worked with that had this issue stated to me that HP Support provided them with a newer BIOS and Firmware version, than what was posted on their website, and these versions resolved "Hardware Failure" blue screens (not BSOD screens).  They did not relay exact version numbers though.

Spelling correction on 3/3/10 1:02:04 PM CST
0 Kudos

@Kary, Thank you. I will have my engineering guys reach out to HP

0 Kudos
tchua
Level 7

Hi Lakshman,

I also encounter the same issue, I had updated the latest BIOS firmware from HP but still "Hardware Malfunction". Would you please let me know how the issue could be solved.

Many Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
bgable
Level 11

We've had a few customers reporting this lately and are currently investigating this further.

We will update this thread when we receive more information from HP.

If you see this issue, please open a support case and reference KB68985.

0 Kudos
Mfryksten
Level 7

Hi,

we are experiencing this issue on HP DL 360 G7 servers. We have Host IPS 7.0 patch 8 installed (not sure if they were upgraded or freshly installed with hips 7 p8).

Any resolutions to this known to the earlier postings?

Thanks!

Mikael

0 Kudos