cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jj4sec
Level 9

HIPS : how to create a query to filter on the "file" of the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information

Can someone help with creating a query that filters and show the "file" info that is available when looking in a HIPS event below the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information.

I can filter on "target file path" but that does not contain the same info as in "file".

0 Kudos
32 Replies
epository
Level 10

Re: HIPS : how to create a query to filter on the "file" of the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information

You can display the IPS Parameter Name = Files and then fileter  for the specific IPS Parameter Value you want.

You can do that through the Reporting -> Threat Event Log

You should be able to set up a query for it as well.

0 Kudos
jj4sec
Level 9

Re: HIPS : how to create a query to filter on the "file" of the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback but I can't find what you describe.

Can you give some more details please.

I can't find "IPS parameter name". Not in queries and not in the HIPS event window .

0 Kudos
epository
Level 10

In the Reporting for HIPS 8, you have to go under Actions and choose Choose Columns.

Are you running HIPS 8 and what version of epo are you running?

make sure the HIPS 8 extension is checked in as well.

jj4sec
Level 9

I have 3 extensions for HIPS checked in :

* Host intrusion prevention 8.0.0

* Host IPS advanced

* Host IPS license

I don't find "IPS parameter name".

Do I miss an extension ?

0 Kudos
epository
Level 10

there should be a listing for Host IPS 8.0 Expert Signature Info which contains these 2 fields under Filter and under Choose Columns.

0 Kudos
greatscott
Level 12

If jj4sec is non DoD, he probably doesn't have the enhanced reporting package which is required to see these fields. that being said, i dont know how anyone tunes HIPS without this capability. it makes the task nearly impossible.

jj4sec
Level 9

What is the advanced reporting package ?

Is that part of HIPS extension ?

0 Kudos
greatscott
Level 12

Its an ePO enhancement extension. It is not part of HIPS per se, but does make tuning easier.

jj4sec
Level 9

where can I find this ?

I have the extension "advanced reporting" version 5.1.1 below "shared componentes" i the extensions

is it this or do I miss something ?

0 Kudos