cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Re: HIPS : how to create a query to filter on the "file" of the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information

Cheers jj4sec, fingers crossed πŸ™‚

jj4sec
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 33

Re: HIPS : how to create a query to filter on the "file" of the Host IPS 8.0 Event Information

Does someone know to send private messages or is that not possible here.

I could it in the past but can't find it today.  Maybe to tired

I have looked for that recently, to no avail.  I know it used to be possible, but it looks like the functionality has been removed!

Highlighted
jj4sec
Level 10
Message 24 of 33

Ok, I wanted to send you dmease729 a private message because I can't share my latest info on a forum (could burn my escalation at this moment that looks to work to get this feature being developed).

As soon I get info I can share on this forum I will do because the discussion here gave me info and convinced me, we all need this feature.

You can send a message still. Go to the top right of the page, click your username -> "Inbox & Activity" -> "Message"

Ah righty!  It looks like you need to be a friend or connection now in order to send a PM.  I will have a browse later to see where to sort me out some friends πŸ™‚

c14us
Level 7
Message 27 of 33

Hi GreatScott

Please write were this extension can be requested.

Regards

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 28 of 33

KB60021 - Information about Product Enhancement Requests for McAfee products

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB60021

Is this feature/extension available yet?

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 30 of 33

Yes.

PD25972 - Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 Patch 6 Software for Windows Release Notes

Ability to query the Files field

This release adds support for querying the Files field in McAfee Host IPS events. This new field is available in McAfee ePO under Queries & Reports | Events | Threat Events in the Host IPS 8.0 Event Info category. Data is visible only for events generated after upgrading the extension. No value is reported for older events reported before the extension upgrade – the data will be empty for the Files field.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator