cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPS Threat Event - McAfee Agent delivered an invalid policy???

Hi Team,

Can anyone able to help me below threat event???

Event Category:Policy Load Status
Event ID:18007
Threat Severity:Critical
Threat Name:6065
Threat Type:
Action Taken:Blocked
Threat Handled:True

Regards,

Tushar Kotwal

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: HIPS Threat Event - McAfee Agent delivered an invalid policy???

KB84505 - Either the client-side default firewall policy or an incomplete set of firewall rules are enforced on Host IPS clients

PD25972 - Host Intrusion Prevention 8.0 Patch 6 Software for Windows Release Notes

Policy failover

This release includes a new policy failover mechanism, which results in enhanced reliability. If the McAfee Host IPS LPC service receives invalid or incomplete policies from McAfee Agent, it now rejects and doesn't enforce these policies. When such anomalies occur, McAfee Host IPS sends events to McAfee ePO. For more information, see KnowledgeBase article KB85187.

KB85187 - Host IPS 8.0 Patch 6 for Windows: Policy failover feature

Thanks Kary, but I want to know what should I do when I got this events. as if wrong then kindly correct me in KB you only get information about what this event about? but not any solution / workaround.

Regards,

TK

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

From a HIPS perspective, there is nothing you can do.  The fault lies with the McAfee Agent/ePO/Agent Handler.  You may not need to do anything.  On the next ASCI, the Agent will communicate again to the ePO server/Agent Handler and will probably pull down a non-corrupt policy.

The HIPS event notification only exists to inform you that the HIPS engine refused to enforce an invalid policy; when it gets a valid policy it will enforce it.