Did you mean: 
Highlighted
kenobe
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

HIPS 8 and EAPOL

Jump to solution

Hi all, I am trying to deploy HIPS 8 to my workstation and get an error in the HIPS 8 log saying it blocked EAPOL, then it blocks all traffic on me.  I have to disable all HIPS functions in order to continue.  I tried creating an exception in the firewall for that bizarre protocol but so far no joy.  Screen shot attached.  Any suggestions?

Thanks, Ken

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Re: HIPS 8 and EAPOL

Jump to solution

1. Edit therule and disable the SCHEDULE option.  The schedule option should only be used if you want the rule active/inactive during certain times/days.

2. Verify the rule is ENABLED too.

4 Replies
McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Create a firewall rule with the Network protocol set to Non-IP Protocol -> Select etherType from the list -> EAPOL.

kenobe
Level 10
Message 3 of 5

Jump to solution

Hi Kary, I did make that exception but I'm still getting blocked.  Firewall rule screen shot shows it's there but not checked:

firewall rules.JPG

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

1. Edit therule and disable the SCHEDULE option.  The schedule option should only be used if you want the rule active/inactive during certain times/days.

2. Verify the rule is ENABLED too.

kenobe
Level 10
Message 5 of 5

Jump to solution

Ah yes, unchecking the schedule finally made it active in the ruleset.  Wierd, I guess the logic on the schedule is not what I thought it was.

Thanks!

Ken

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.