cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

HIPS 8 Patch 2

I recently ran across the Release Notes for HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 but I don't see it on the download site and it was dated May 2012. Is this patch available yet? I am running into an issue with Firefox and the Flash Plugin that may be resolved by installing this patch. I could contact support to get a HF to fix this as well according to some others on the forums but if I can get the whole patch that would be ideal. Thanks for any information!

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 6

Re: HIPS 8 Patch 2

Patch 2 has not yet released.  It's currently in a testing phase.

Highlighted

When is the ETA for the release of HIPS 8 Patch 2?  I've seen several content updates with new signatures that state they require HIPS 8 Patch 2.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

No specific date has been set, but it should release within a few weeks (subject to change).

Highlighted

Cool, thanks Kary!  We're looking forward to it.

-DamageInc

Highlighted
Level 12
Message 6 of 6

Any news on the expected release of Patch 2? I did get access to the RTS version but is does advise against deploying to more than 5 systems. The patch did resolve my issues so I would like to get this into production sooner than later.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community