cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kink80
Level 12

HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 installtion requiring restart

I am in the initial phase of rolling out HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 to my machines that currently have HIPS 8.0 Patch 1 installed on them. In the HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 Readme file it states that the patch installation does not require a restart. In my limited testing so far the upgrade has been popping up a McAfee Agent Updater window saying that a "Restart required" about half of the time.  I also see the call to restart in the Windows Event logs. I have attached the contents of the Windows Application event log. I have seen this on both Windows 7 64-bit and Windows XP SP3 32-bit systems. Is there a way to suppress this restart notification? Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
pierce
Level 13

Re: HIPS 8.0 Patch 2 installtion requiring restart

You can supress the restart box under your agent policy settings.

Under the General policy there is a 'prompt user for restarts' options that you can just untick.

0 Kudos
kink80
Level 12

Thanks again for responding to this discussion. I do have this option marked from within my ePO McAfee Agent policy but yet they continue to run the restart window or just restart the machine.

0 Kudos
pierce
Level 13

Strange, mine is unticked and none of my machines have had forced reboots or get the end user message. Might be worth checking all the policies to see if there is one with this checked off that could be causing issues.

0 Kudos
djpenn
Level 7

In our ePO 4.6 server, HIPS 8 with no patches = build 8.0.0.1741, HIPS 8 with p1 is = 8.0.0.1919, and HIPS 8 p2 = 8.0.0.2151. Your event log indicates a build of 8.00.0202. I am not sure if the versions are reported the same way in the Event Viewer as in the ePO console (what do you see in ePO?) but I am wondering if that is a pre-release build or something...?

0 Kudos