Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIP for Servers License requirement for Client

Hi, do Host Intrusion and Host Intrusion Client need separate licenses if installed on same server?

1 Reply
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: HIP for Servers License requirement for Client

Hi @Yashika_N 

Thank you for contacting McAfee community. 

Hips license is a bundle and you need to check in client in the Master repository and install Extensions after you download them from the product downloads. 

If you install standalone client, then you will need to get the client package downloaded to the machine and install locally.

Was my reply helpful?

If yes, please give me a Kudo.

If I have answered your query, Please mark this as solution so that together we help other community members. 

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

    New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

  • Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

    Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

  • Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community