HIP blocking scan64.exe although an exception is in place
BLUF: Everything was working fine then, through ePO, VSE Patch 10 and HIP Patch 10 was pushed. Suddenly on ALL servers HIP was blocking Scan64.exe (On-Demand Scan). There is, and always has been, and exception in Policy for this. This caused our DCs to use 100% CPU causing all kinds of issues as you can imagine, so we uninstalled HIP for now.
Steps tried so far are as follows:
1. Uninstall/Reinstall McAFee Agent. (Theory was if it is installed in C:\Program Files (x86) vice Program Files the policy could not work upon upgrade from Patch 9 to 10. Agent did install in correct directory but blocks continue)
2. Uninstall/Reinstall HIP. Did not work; blocks continue.
3. Uninstall Agent and HIP. Reinstall. Did not work; blocks continue.
4. Reboot ePO and SQL DB. Did not work.
5. Rip all McAfee using MFERemoval100.exe from servers and reinstall. DID WORK. However leadership is not pleased with this solution and would like something else.