cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gjmveloso
Level 7

HIP 7.0 standalone

Can I use McAfee HIP in standalone environment?

What I must do?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
metalhead
Level 12

RE: HIP 7.0 standalone

No HIPS is bound to ePO.
0 Kudos
Raja
Level 9

That's not entirely true. You can't configure HIP with out ePO and but it can run on it's own without a connection to the ePO server once the policy is set.
0 Kudos
metalhead
Level 12

Yes thats true but that is not a stand-alone environment happy at least not what I think of ... you can also run HIPS totally without an ePO - you are also able to set a firewall policy but the ips component is not manageable. So talking for the whole product it is only useful with ePO, if you only need the desktop firewall maybe you can do this as stand-alone.
0 Kudos
gjmveloso
Level 7

Installed without ePO HIP are in locked mode and to unlock the interface I need a password. But I don`t have one...

By default IPS are active but firewall not. I want to use a McAfee` firewall/IPS protection in standalone environmet as I use VirusScan Enterprise...

McAfee desktop firewall was substituted by HIP...
0 Kudos
Raja
Level 9

That can't be done. You must configure it via ePO. There is no stand alone version like there was with DFW.
0 Kudos
protector
Level 9

HIP 7.0 standalone

I was able to apply policies in a stand-alone environment by applying McAfee's KB article #612448. However, a stand-alone agent is not supported. It is ultimately supposed to be managed by ePO.

"Deploying McAfee Host IPS 6.x with customized policies when ePO server is not accessible."
0 Kudos