cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownwrap
Level 7

HBSS first time install on Solaris 10

I am trying to get HBSS installed. I downloaded the evaluation copy "HIP700_Eval_English.zip" for Solaris. At least I tought it was for Solaris. After I unzip the file, I found .exe files, an rpm, and a .pkg for Solaris. I attemped to install the .pkg, but it says I am missing the MFEcma package. Where do I find this? Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dyilmaz
Level 9

Interesting that there is not an agent package included but you should also be able to download it from the Trial Site.

For example McAfee Agent v4.0.0 for Solaris

0 Kudos
brownwrap
Level 7

OK, thank you. Is the E Policy Orchestrator only available in Windows? No Solaris version?

0 Kudos
allamiro
Level 9

Re: HBSS first time install on Solaris 10

Are you asking about the client or the application it self

ePO server as an application can only be installed on windows machines

and the agent which reports to the servere can be installed on all known operating systems as far as I know

0 Kudos
McAfee Employee

Re: HBSS first time install on Solaris 10

To install the Host IPS product on a Solaris system, you must have the McAfee Agent installed first (the agent installation package is retrieved from your ePO server).  McAfee Agent installs dependant library files that are needed by the Host IPS product.

To install the agent on Solaris, please follow the McAfee Agent Product Guide.  Once the agent is installed, Host IPS for Solaris can then be installed.  Also, if any maintenance is required for the McAfee Agent, you must uninstall Host IPS for Solaris first.  If you remove the Solaris agent forcefully, this will cause issues within Host IPS for Solaris.

PD22236 - McAfee Agent 4.5 Product Guide

Page 15 - Installing on UNIX-based operating systems