cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keith2045
Level 9

Firewall Log

Jump to solution

I'm having some issues with my firewall rules. For testing purposes i've been trying to block pinging to a specific host, i put the rule at the top of one policy A going to machine A and it blocks the ping, but with a different policy (B going to machine B) it does not block ping. So i've cloned the working policy (policy A) and applied it to machine B and it blocks ping, but when i change some of the allowed rules it stops blocking, if i undo the changes, it still doesnt want to block pings. Are there any logs that can help troubleshoot this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Firewall Log

Jump to solution

In the HIPS Client UI (run McAfeeFire.exe or open via the tray icon menu), and go to the Activity Log tab.  Enable the LOG ALL BLOCKED/ALLOWED and TRAFFIC filter options.

Review what firewall rules are allowing/blocking the ICMP traffic incorrectly.  Adjust the rules accordingly.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

In the HIPS Client UI (run McAfeeFire.exe or open via the tray icon menu), and go to the Activity Log tab.  Enable the LOG ALL BLOCKED/ALLOWED and TRAFFIC filter options.

Review what firewall rules are allowing/blocking the ICMP traffic incorrectly.  Adjust the rules accordingly.

0 Kudos
keith2045
Level 9

Jump to solution

Interesting.... I tried that on the machine but didnt get anything, but i tried it on the working machine and got the blocked and allowed traffic. Sounds like i have a bigger issue than i thought.

0 Kudos