cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting firewall rules ePO 5

I'm not sure if this is an ePO issue or HIPS issue but I'll start here. I am trying to export My HIPS Firewall Rules but the only options I can export are xml and html. Is there a way export to csv anymore?

-john

4 Replies
McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Re: Exporting firewall rules ePO 5

How are you exporting the policy?  From the ePO Policy Catalog, when you click EXPORT on a policy, you can only export as a XML file; there is no HTML or CSV format.

To export I go to the policy catalog and select HIPS 8.0: Firewall fromt the products list. nest to my rule set I click the export link. This brings me into a windows with a link. In the past I would right click the link and select save as and save it as a csv. Now all it lets me do is save as an HTM fil. I have also tried to go into the policy and export iy from there but when i click export it auto downloads it as an XML file.

McAfee Employee ktankink
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Arae you using a non-IE browser?  Using Chrome, I get the .HTM file extension, but I don't with IE.  Click the file, instead of Rclick Save As.   You must save it as a XML file, if you wish to (re)import the policy.  There no other supported format/extension for policy exports.

I was using Chrome and in IE11 I can only export to xml with either export option. In past versions of epo i could export the list of rules to a csv file so we could do a sort of manual audit. it allowed me to digram out the rules so i could tell if i had overlapping or conflicting rules. If i can't do that anymore is there a good hips firewall rule auditor you know of?

Message was edited by: l4fngm4n on 3/12/14 9:17:08 AM CDT
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.