cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Does HIPS need a server update task

Jump to solution

Sorry if this seems a simple question, but does HIPS need a server task setting for daily updates like VirusScan does from within ePO?  Or is it simply install and forget.

Hope you can help,

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Does HIPS need a server update task

Jump to solution

See attachment MAN

4 Replies
bgable
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Just ensure the checkbox is checked for Host Intrusion Prevention signature content in your update task.

You don't need a seperate update task for HIP or any other point product.

Jump to solution

Do you mean the client tasks?  I haven't set one up yet as I'm just testing a sample of computers at the moment. Finding the documentation very detached from the product itself.

When I installed VirusScan, all the pull tasks etc seemed to be added and configured automatically, not sure if I need to create a task for HIPS to update too?

Jump to solution

See attachment MAN

Jump to solution

Excellent smalldog, I currently have update all packages, so assume HIPS is in there too

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.