Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwgrad
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Day One Noob Questions about Initial Setup

I'm trying to do a basic install of HIP to test some issues a Client is reporting while both HIP and my software is installed that does not occur when either is installed alone.

I downloaded and installed the Orchestrator 4.0 Client and HIP 7.0 IR5 Client to a PC as Trial Software.

When I run McAfeeFire to try and configure some basic settings, the GUI will not unlock w/o a password.

Considering that there has not been any cofiguration of anything other than downloading the Orchestrator Client and the HIP 7.0 Client, is there a way to unluck and configure HIP?

Do I need to Download and install some type of Mgmt Server?  Would I then need to do something to reconfigure the Install Agent to point to that server?

Sorry for the really basic questions.

2 Replies
mwgrad
Level 7
Message 2 of 3

Re: Day One Noob Questions about Initial Setup

Never Mind.

I found the answer in the Docs..............

McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 3 of 3

Re: Day One Noob Questions about Initial Setup

When I run McAfeeFire to try and configure some basic settings, the GUI will not unlock w/o a password.

Considering that there has not been any cofiguration of anything other than downloading the Orchestrator Client and the HIP 7.0 Client, is there a way to unluck and configure HIP?

The default password to unlock the Client UI is 'abcde12345' as documented in the HIPS 7.0 product documentation.

PD20107 - Host Intrusion Prevention 7.0.0 for ePO 4.0 Product Guide

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=PD20107

Also, Host IPS is an ePO-managed product only (it's not a stand-alone product).