cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

Can't patch HIPS P12 to HIPS patch 14

I know that A cumulative upgrade to Host IPS 8.0 Patch 11 or Patch 12 fails for Host IPS clients when Host IPS 8.0 Patch 4 is installed in the upgrade chain.

I can not patch HIPS Patch 12 to HIPS Patch 14. I don't receive any errors, no logs in the event viewer logs, nothing in the McAfee HIPS Log folder. No indication of why there is an issue with upgrading from patch from 12 to 14.  I even disabled ENS EP, AP, OAS. This is on systems with Agent 5.6.2.209, ENS May Update or Dec Update with Windows 10 1809 operating system. Has anyone else seen this issue?

I know there was a known issue with upgrading to HIPS 8.0 Patch 11 or Patch 12, but this issue didn't mention upgrading to Patch 14 was an issue.  I'm going to try upgrading to Patch 13 to see if I have any luck.

3 Replies
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Can't patch HIPS P12 to HIPS patch 14

Hi @@kblowe Upgrading from HIPS 8.0 P12 to P14 is definitely supported per the Release Notes, so to troubleshoot further Support will need to review the installation log files. 

One common issue:
Please make sure you're running the Update package (HIP80P14HF.Zip via an Agent Update task) and not the Full installer (HIP80LMLRP14.Zip via an Agent Deployment task).  If HIPS 8.0 is already installed, the full installer package cannot be used to upgrade it to P14; only the Patch package can be used here.

Level 10
Message 3 of 4

Yes I am running the patch only.

I also made sure all the certs were installed and still same results.

Level 10
Message 4 of 4

For the record, after uninstalling patch 12 and reinstalling patch 12.  Then retrying patching to patch 14, the patch was successful.  Clearly the same known issue in upgrading to patch 11 or 12 is a problem in Patch 14 as well. I have seen this on multiple systems so far in our organization.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community