cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Director
Level 9

Adding Rules to a Firewall Rule Group

Jump to solution

This is probably a stupid question, so apologies in advance.

Creating a Firewall Rule Group is very straight forward, (Page 69 of the HIPS 8.0 Product Guide), however,  at the end of the creation steps it simply says, "Create new Rules in the Group, or Move in existing rules".

I can not work out how to do either of these...

I can drag and drop the existing rules, but don't seem to be able to drop them into the group, only change the order, (also achieved via the Move Up / Move Down buttons).

When I create a new rule, it just appears in the FIrewall Rule List, outside of the group...

Help?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
McAfee Employee

Re: Adding Rules to a Firewall Rule Group

Jump to solution

To move a firewall rule inside a firewall group, "open" the group (click on the arrow next to the group to make it appear downwards), then "Move up" or "Move down" the rule into the group.  The rule will become indented, when the rule is inside the group.  "Close" the group and the rule will disappear with it.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
McAfee Employee

Jump to solution

To move a firewall rule inside a firewall group, "open" the group (click on the arrow next to the group to make it appear downwards), then "Move up" or "Move down" the rule into the group.  The rule will become indented, when the rule is inside the group.  "Close" the group and the rule will disappear with it.

0 Kudos
Director
Level 9

Jump to solution

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos