cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Why My Website is Blocked By Mcafee?

Jump to solution

I have a website URL called https://www.officecleaning.co.in and McaFee has marked it as a phishing site. It was a four months old domain and there is no sort of phishing content, images there. It's a business service website. The website does not contain any sort of images or files copyrighted.

Please understand the issue and I would like to request you to kindly remove the block on our website https://www.officecleaning.co.in  As soon as possible. Please look in to it as early as possible. 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 11

Re: Why My Website is Blocked By Mcafee?

Jump to solution

Hello,

The site was just re-categorized so it should be fully white listed in the net 1-2 days.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello,

Site https://www.officecleaning.co.in/ was submitted for a review so it should be re-categorized in few days - Your Ticket ID is '#1960318'

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello,

The site was just re-categorized so it should be fully white listed in the net 1-2 days.

Nino

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 4 of 11

Jump to solution

My website is also blocked AGAIN. I have had this ongoing issue with you for years. It is because why website deals a very small amount with real estate (I am not a company, but it is about my personal experiences buying and selling in Bulgaria). Last year the website was re-categorised and unblocked. Now you have blocked it again??????????????????

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello,

McAfee reviews and re-categorizes site on a daily basis so its reputation can switch often - for example

What is your site so we can check again?

Nino
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

Jump to solution
http://www.thetravelbug.org

So you mean I have to keep constantly seeing if you are blocking my site because your system falsely categorises websites?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello @rachelg ,

I understand your frustration but it is not because McAfee decided to recategorize it just like that - they also use a shared databases with multiple vendors (as per TrustedSource details):

"McAfee® provides an online tool that enables you to check if a site is categorized within various versions of the SmartFilter Internet Database or the Webwasher URL Filter Database. After you check a URL, this tool also allows you to suggest an alternative categorization for a site. These requests will be addressed within an average of 3-5 business days with some requests requiring additional review and taking longer"

For example there are manual or automatic tasks which can black or white list a site. For example if you submit it with as a normal site and someone else submit it as a malicious site, it depends on additional testing and checks in the background. Also please keep in mind that if your site is not secure, attacker can attach or insert a malicious content without site administrator noticing it.

Currently I see multiple vendors finding issues with your site:

VirusTotal

Sophos also blocks it:

Site blockedSite blocked

Nino
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 11

Jump to solution
On VirusTotal there are two that say it is malicious or suspicious. Sophos has it down as un-rated.
The site is secure, it is done through SSL and has many levels of security.
I am notified of any changes to the code or site.
Mcafee has already found the site to be fine and stopped the warning, showing there is nothing wrong with the site and its secure and not hacked, and its just stupid antivirus systems like this that mis-categorise and mis-diagnose websites.
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Jump to solution

Hello,

Your site is now submitted for new review with both http and https links:

Your Ticket ID is '#1974707'

Your Ticket ID is '#1974713'

Hopefully they will put a final categorization once and for all.

Nino
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Please do a cleanup and tune up the computer .try to check any other security was not there. reinstall software then you can try to open your website.

for help send email : Johnminchak@outlook.com

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community