cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The # is 877-315-0746  I called the # back & a man answered but would not tell me the company name.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

Yes - a scam.  I hope you didn't allow them access or give any personal information.   If you have such a thing as call screen I would block them from calling you again.

I wouldn't have called it back either.

Just do a Google search for 8773150746 - lots of hits.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

Re: I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

Yes it's a scam.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes - a scam.  I hope you didn't allow them access or give any personal information.   If you have such a thing as call screen I would block them from calling you again.

I wouldn't have called it back either.

Just do a Google search for 8773150746 - lots of hits.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Moved this to "Best Practices in Security Protection" as a more appropriate spot for it.

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

unfortunately i gave the controll of my computer what will i do now

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info!  I thought it was a scam.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Yes, many of us have received these phone calls.  Good luck 😉

Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

i have given my control .what will i do now . they ask for money 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Cut the connection with them immediately.

I would suggest reporting it to the Police also.

I would use the Farbar options at the end of this document.: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Anti-Spyware-Malware-Hijacker-Tools/ta-p/553387

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Disconnect from Internet and then see if you can use System Restore to go back to BEFORE you let these criminals have access toi your computer.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community