cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The # is 877-315-0746  I called the # back & a man answered but would not tell me the company name.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 10

Re: I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

Yes - a scam.  I hope you didn't allow them access or give any personal information.   If you have such a thing as call screen I would block them from calling you again.

I wouldn't have called it back either.

Just do a Google search for 8773150746 - lots of hits.

9 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Re: I received a phone call about virus that is on my computer. Do you know if it is a scam? The

Jump to solution

Yes it's a scam.

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes - a scam.  I hope you didn't allow them access or give any personal information.   If you have such a thing as call screen I would block them from calling you again.

I wouldn't have called it back either.

Just do a Google search for 8773150746 - lots of hits.

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Jump to solution

Moved this to "Best Practices in Security Protection" as a more appropriate spot for it.

donfran
Level 7
Message 5 of 10

Jump to solution

unfortunately i gave the controll of my computer what will i do now

Jump to solution

Thanks for the info!  I thought it was a scam.

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Jump to solution

Yes, many of us have received these phone calls.  Good luck 😉

donfran
Level 7
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

i have given my control .what will i do now . they ask for money 

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Jump to solution

Cut the connection with them immediately.

I would suggest reporting it to the Police also.

I would use the Farbar options at the end of this document.: https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Documents/Anti-Spyware-Malware-Hijacker-Tools/ta-p/553387

Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

Disconnect from Internet and then see if you can use System Restore to go back to BEFORE you let these criminals have access toi your computer.