Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
morph
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

Installing Secure container on a rooted device

Is it possible to install secure container on a rooted device?

The security policy is set NOT to block rooted devices but when I start the container app it says that it is not supported on rooted devices.

I found this KB that says that the error can be ignored but pressing back exits the application.

From the KB:

"Workaround

When the error message is displayed, do not tap OK. Instead, tap the Back button. You will then be prompted to enter the server password, or PIN,  to allow mail to be configured/displayed."

4 Replies
mmjlz
Level 7
Message 2 of 5

Re: Installing Secure container on a rooted device

Hi,

I'd like to know this too

The workaround isn't working for me

morph
Level 7
Message 3 of 5

I wasn't able to install it on a rooted device and I don't think that it is even possible.

mmjlz
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

I have installed it but cannot run/configure.

Maybe it's possible (maybe in earlier versions), why should they write an KB about it when it's not possible. What EMM version do you use? We have EMM12

morph
Level 7
Message 5 of 5

I wasn't clear in my statement before: I was also able to just install it on the device but was unable to configure it and use it.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community