cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IOS devices become non-compliant after upgrade to 10.2.4, pls help

Hi,

after upgrade from 10.2.1 to 10.2.4 all IOS devices (both 6.x and 7.x) are non-compliant and cannot sync mail. IOS 7 devices produces this error in the EMM Event log (win event viewer):

EMM.Hub.ActiveSyncGateway GetCertificateCompliance : Failed GenerationDate Match. Generation date is 8/22/2013 6:59:22 AM and DB Generation date is 10/23/2013 12:45:42 PM

It seems that the generation date was changed after upgrade? Why is that? Any way to restore certificates or is a full recovery of EMM needed? I also updated the device catalogs 46734 och 48938 and run W8 prep tool  after the upgrade. Uncertain what caused the non-compliant behaviour to start.. 

Any ideas where to start looking for a resolution?

IOS 7 devices have been re-provisioned to get by this, but all others have not been re-provisioned and I want to avoid asking all users to re-provision..

I have turned off Compliance enforcing and enabled compliance overriding on all devices in the meantime.

All help appreciated, Thanks!

Mikael Fryksten

NSEC

2 Replies

Re: IOS devices become non-compliant after upgrade to 10.2.4, pls help

I don't think there is anyway around it, the users are going to have to re-provision.  Having them do just a simple Update Configuration on their device should do the trick.

Re: IOS devices become non-compliant after upgrade to 10.2.4, pls help

Can you verify your MDM and Push apple certs are not expired? Certs can just be readded, no recovery needed.

Also does, querying the phone bring it back into compliance?

I updated 10.1 or 10.2 to 10.2.4 and have not had that same experience.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community