cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EMM installation questions

Working with a client that wishes to install EMM 12.0 in the Enhanced Security Model and, having discovered the installation guide is a little vague in places, I have a few questions:

1. The installation guide says that a 3rd party trusted certificate is needed for the Portal server, which sounds reasonable, but the Deployment Helper app (and now Support) says there's a problem with the self-signed cert in the internal hub server (Windows 2012 R2). Can anyone confirm that I need a trusted cert on the internal hub server according to McAfee KnowledgeBase - FAQs for updating SSL Certificates with Enterprise Mobility Management ?
  2. If I do need a trusted cert for the internal hub server do I generate a cert for the server's internal FQDN (eg emm-hub.company.local) or do I create an alias for an external FQDN (eg emm-hub.company.com) and generate a cert for that?
  3. Again with the Deployment Helper app, I am getting LDAP failures when using a service account, seeing "Username = {service account} is not authorised to look up email ids". What rights/permissions does this service account need in order satisfy the Deploymnet Helper app?

TIA

Mark

Member Rewards
McAfee Community rewards active and helpful members just like you. Click here to take a look at the first community members who received a special reward and were recognized by McAfee leader, Aneel Jaeel, for their participation and trusted knowledge in the community.