cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMM Ver 11.0

Jump to solution

Hi Guys i just finish installing EMM ver 11.0 in a dual server mode. I did not see any options to launch the console after installations completed. Do i need to attach the EPO Ext before i can launch the EEM Management console ? please help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: EMM Ver 11.0

Jump to solution

i'm currently having issues registering the EMM Hub to EPO any advice, i keep getting "error establishing connection to the EMM Hub " error. Please let me know of any solution to solve this.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
mamos
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 16

Jump to solution

The separate EMM console was removed in version 11.0 (along with the Device Management Gateway (DMG), Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES) Agent, and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Agent). If you upgraded from an existing installation, these components were uninstalled automatically.

All management functions are now performed through ePO . So yes, you'll need to install the EMM extension in ePO in order to access the software.

Note that there are some legacy pieces of the old EMM console, including System Settings, User Notifications, and Package Management, that are "framed in" to ePO. In other words, you can only launch them from ePO (Menu | Configuration | Server Settings | EMM Server Settings).

Jump to solution

i'm currently having issues registering the EMM Hub to EPO any advice, i keep getting "error establishing connection to the EMM Hub " error. Please let me know of any solution to solve this.

View solution in original post

ajbmw311
Level 10
Message 4 of 16

Jump to solution

check out the knowledge base article below, it may help resolve your issue:

http://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB78651

Thanks,

AJ

Jump to solution

I've have done this already , it did not help. I have open a support case with McAfee.

mmurphy
Level 7
Message 6 of 16

Jump to solution

Did you install the McAfee EMM HUB on the Same Server as ePO?

If so that will be your issue.

Kind Regards,

Michael

Jump to solution

No there are on separate Server , McAfee support solved this issue. It was a service is SQL

tci_is
Level 7
Message 8 of 16

Jump to solution

Would you be so kind as to elaborate on the McAfee support and SQL Service that was the issue? I am having the exact same issue registering my EMM Hub with ePO also.

They are on seperate servers also.

Thanks in advance

Matt

Jump to solution

what support did was removed the Webdav role or services from SQL , try that and let me know if it works. If not then you may need to contact support

tci_is
Level 7
Message 10 of 16

Jump to solution

Thanks for those details.

I spent the night on this and then stumbled upon the answer. The issue i was having, turned out to be in IIS Manager where EMM was installed. When editing site bindings on the Default Website I had added the https binding but did not specify the IP address of the EMM box. I had selected "All Unassigned".

Once I specified the IP I was able to register the EMM server with ePO.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community