Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
SeaCat
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 21

Re: error 1920: service McAfeeFramework failed to start. Verify

What I did was choose to ignore the error and install virusscan.  Once the install completes install the agent.  The framework service then starts and you should be good.

I found that uninstalling Mcafee, downloading and installing any of the free anti virus softwares out there solved my problem.

smalldog
Level 12
Message 13 of 21

i'm stuck here and can not install virusscan. Try all recommend but no luck. Try install new agent but can not because have old version. I can not remove agent from add/remove programs or registry. How i try to fix this? Thanks!

hemantk
Level 12
Message 14 of 21

hello smalldog.

can you please post the screenshot of error message you are getting while removing old agent.

smalldog
Level 12
Message 15 of 21

Hi Hemant Koli, please see attach file. I browsed to right file but still show error. Thanks!

hemantk
Level 12
Message 16 of 21

Hello Smalldog.

I was also facing this Issue a month before, but i manage to resolve this issue.

Steps performed as follows as i was having old agent 4.0 patch 1 installed & i was trying to upgrade 4.6 & it was showing me the same error message, so i had downloaded 4.0 patch 1 & extracted the setup & in that setup i found MFEagent.msi, so while upgrading i browse the same .msi file(through the message window which you have posted as screenshot)  to remove the old version & than the upgradation process was got sucessfull

Note you need to browse for the correct agent version .msi file(MFEagent.msi) i.e the old agent version which is already installed.

For any clarifications please fel free to reveert.

Message was edited by: hemantk on 6/15/12 2:36:13 AM CDT
smalldog
Level 12
Message 17 of 21

Thanks Hemant Koli, i don't know which version agent installed. How to check it?

hemantk
Level 12
Message 18 of 21

Hello ,

Please go to file path C:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework & check file versions of Application Extensions files present in it.

Dear All

1st you installed  this file FramePkg_UPD after that your issue will be resolved

if you geting the this

error 1920 mcafeeframework failed to start

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator