Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Which Mcafee product and why in Hosting Environments

I am trying to find out the answer for my query I tried contacting Mcafee team also and my disti also and both recommended me different products. I tell you my scenario and then if you can tell me which product suits my requirements.

we have below scenarios and I am not sure how Mcafee can protect and provide solutionto me and my client underMSP

Client Infrastructure

1. Desktop – Windows 7/8       -Client Site
    2. Server – Windows 2008/ 2012 – Hosting Site + Client Site both

Client need protection for Desktops and Servers what we can offer them...??? Now we have both kinds of scenarios where client network is managed by us or may be not and client has taken a Cloud server hosting from us and they connect to their app via internet on a public IP but now they looking for a  total protection solution for thier hosted server which is with us and may also be for the client computers which are at client site, but then ePO based solution don’t think will workbecause of following reasons

1. Each client is on a separate network means each client taking a VM from us is a dedicated seperate netwrork with no connectivity from one client to another because of security reasons they are on separate network both Layer 2 and 3.
  2. Their resident network is not managed by us but their server sits with us and we don’t have any connectivity to their network as they access their app via public IP
  3. Single ePO for every client will not be good idea because of bandwidth usage as this is very costly in this part of the world and if all theclient will connect to this ePO and get updates then my bandwidth utilizationbills will blast… ;(

I am looking for something which is kind of standalone solutionand can be billed per month. Without ePO as ePO will not work.. or may beMcafee can permit me having ePO at client site with other servers hosted withus. I am sure this wont be allowed.

Recommendations which I got from Disti and Mcafee is :

1. https://www.mcafeeasap.com/sc/myaccount/CustomerProfile.aspx?productcode=vfb&producttype=SAASSTPTRIA... : Mcafee SAS based solution, not sure how this will be installed and how this will work
  2. Mcafee complete protection : Business

END OBJECTIVE IS TO PROVIDE AND PROTECT CLIENT SERVER HOSTED WITH US AND CLIENT MACHINES/ NETWORK AT CLIENT SITE WHICH  MAY BE OR MAY NOT BE MANAGED BY US.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community