Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 14

VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 1

FYI,

McAfee has released a repost of McAfee VirusScan 8.7i that now includes Patch 1. It was available for download under our current grant number. It looks like you still have to install the hotfix which is included inside the zip file.
13 Replies
akl71
Level 10
Message 2 of 14

RE: VirusScan Enterprise v8.7i Repost Patch 1

I still have the old package in my download section (posted Sep 25 2008) :confused:
Unblack
Level 10
Message 3 of 14

Under our grant number there is only the VSE 8.7i released Sep 25 2008.
Today Patch1 is not available. ???
Perhaps not all McAfee Webserver are synced.
Highlighted

Where did VSE 8.7i Patch 1 go?

It appears Patch 1 has been pulled back. I downloaded it last week, and now I can't find it to download again.

Regards,

Jim
PhilR
Level 12
Message 5 of 14

RE: Where did VSE 8.7i Patch 1 go?

Yes, it's been pulled, without a single word on the support page or in the Knowledgebase.
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 14

What is going on at McAfee as I can confirm that this package has also been pulled under our grant number. Hopefully it is not anything serious or that they might be including the hotfix which would be nice.

Anyhow, I have just wasted about 3 days testing this patch. Being an overworked administrator this is highly frustrating. I am going to put any testing of VSE 8.7i on hold until we get word from McAfee.

Such unprofessional behaviour towards Corporate Customers - disgraceful :mad:

Jim
Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 14

I agree with you that this is disgraceful. I have just wasted over 3 days of precious time testing this product. Luckily for me, management does not push me to deploy these new products. It is up to me to release it to our university community. Being from a test engineering background, I always take a cautious stand and never deploy new products too early. It took us over 8 months to decide to deploy VirusScan 8.5i as it was buggy until the first patches started being released.

If I get the time, I will give McAfee a phone call and ask what is up.
ulyses31
Level 16
Message 9 of 14

My SAM has just told me that some customers are having trouble with VSE 8.7i and it looks like it can be caused by P1 so they have deleted it from McAfee's site until they have more info.

patch 1 removed

I spoke with McAfee tech support yesterday and informed patch 1 was indeed removed. I asked why no postings occured or we were not notified and they said they only do that on a "need to know basis" and apparently our support level was not high enough.

after asking a few questions I finally was told it was removed due to customers reporting false/positives with w32/gerneric.worm.aa. they have pulled it for more testing and no future release date was given.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community