cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Uninstall McAfee Small Business

I installed a trial version of McAfee a few months back. It also installed McAfee Small Business at the time. I uninstalled the product after the trial version and thought it was all uninstalled. Now every time my computer starts up the "McAfee Small Business" pops up on the screen.

I have tried searching for files on my computer involving McAfee and erased all of them thinking it had helped, but to no avail. I have looked in the "installed programs" list on my computer, and the C drive, and can't find anything that resembles McAfee. I use a Vista operating system. I am quite computer savvy so I have tried everything to get it off my computer. Anything anyone can suggest to me to do, or search for a file that I am unaware of would be awesome. I am super frustrated! sad
1 Reply

RE: Unable To Uninstall McAfee Small Business

McAfee Small Business products are not supported in these forums.

See this sticky for more information on how to get help with those products: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=217973

I did some searching for you and found this: https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=9825245&slice...

Step 1 - Download the uninstall utility Download MVSUninst.exe, to the desktop from the following location:
http://vs.mcafeeasap.com/MC/enu/vs45/bin/mvsuninst.exe
Step 2 - Clean up Internet Explorer and then run MVSUninst.exe:

• In Internet Explorer, click Tools, Internet Options.
  • Click Delete Files and select the option to Delete all offline content and click OK.
  • Click Delete Cookies and click OK.
  • Click Clear History and click Yes.
  • Click Settings.
  • If it is listed, right-click SecureObjectFactory, select Remove, then click Yes in the warning dialog.
  • Select the Advanced tab.
  • Click the Restore Defaults button and click Apply.
  • Select the Security tab.
  • Click Default Level and click Apply.
  • Click OK on the Security Settings dialog and Yes on the warning dialog.
  • Click OK and close Internet Explorer.
  • Run the MVSUninst.exe utility and restart the system when prompted.

If it doesn't help then you will have to see the link above for support options.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community