cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SDAT downloads

Greetings fellow Mcafee Knights

I pose the following question :

Is ther a mcafee tool that automatically downloads the SDAT from the mcafee web-site , or are there any other tools that can facilitate the direct download from the mcafee website?

I do know that the EPO downloads the dat etc and the update now task exists.

The reason for the enquiry is that i need to download the sdat package on a daily basis for deployment via sms.

Thanks in advance
6 Replies
Highlighted
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 7

RE: SDAT downloads

I don't know any tool to download the DAT file, but that should be an easy task if you manage to create a script to do that.

SDAT location is ftp://ftp.mcafee.com/pub/antivirus/datfiles/4.x/sdatXXXX.exe

Since the filename changes, it can be tricky to get the filename for the current day. You can get that info on the update.ini file on the directory. Then you just need to parse it and grab it using regexp.

Another option is to download the entire directory.
Highlighted

could you not just use get sdat*.exe ?
Highlighted

Highlighted

I´ve written a command line tool which allows automated downloads of the the most recent SDAT file from McAfee. Read more about it here.
Highlighted

Thanks but the other guy was asking for something else an i have posted a solution for a possible answer earlier..
Highlighted

I noticed it. However, there are always several ways to accomplish a task and your suggestion does not necessarily mean that it is the only possible solution. wink
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community