Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

On Access Scan Problems

I am running EPO 4.5, agent 4.5 and VSE 8.7 P2.

I am having real problems with on access scanning on certain html files stored on one of my servers.

Basically something within the on access scanning makes opening them so slow that they are all but unusable. The files basically consist of a menu page with lots of hyperlinks to other pages. After clicking one of the links it then takes around 30+ seconds to open the linked page. If I turn off on access scanning on the client machine then the files / links open within a second or so as expected.

I have tried adding the files to the 'on access' exclusion list by adding its entire folder, and subfolders, but that appears to have no effect. Turning off script scanning also has no effect.

This is a long standing problem which i had with VSE 8.0 as well (which was the main reason I upgraded to 8.7). On VSE 8.0 I could get around it by allowing users to disable on access scanning or else by removing iexplorer.exe from the high risk process list. Neither of these solutions was ideal to say the least.

On my current VSE 8.7 my only solution seems to be to allow users to disable the on access scanning as even removing iexplorer.exe from the high risk list makes no difference.

Oddly, even though EPO turns on scanning again after 5 minutes, as long as the main menu page is opened when scanning is disabled, access times continue to be fine even after EPO has turned scanning back on.

Anything I am missing here as almost half of my users need access to these files and I dont want to continue to allow them to disable scanning.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community