I need to migrate/upgrade my ePO 5.3.1 to 5.10
Current ePO 5.3.1 (SVR OLD) environment:
Windows 2008R2, SQL 2008, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6
New ePO 5.10 (SVR NEW) environment:
Windows 2016, SQL 2016, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6
I'm testing my migration on test server as follow:
1. Create new ePO SVR NEW(with different DNS name and IP, to prevent client connect to this server)
On SVR OLD
- Perform ePO database snapshot via ePO admin console
- Do full EPO database backup using SQL management studio then copy the database to ePO SVR NEW
On SVR NEW
- Restore current database using SQL management studio
- Install JRE 8u131
- Fresh install ePO 5.3.1 (same build as SVR OLD) select restore from database snapshot, provide all the credential to read current snapshot.
- Rename SVR NEW to SVR OLD, change IP to old IP (final step if everything is working), shutdown current SVR OLD
- Upgrade to ePO 5.10 (not yet done)
After the ePO 5.3.1 installation is completed, I can login to ePO console on SVR NEW, see all workstations/servers on the systems tree, DLP incident histories.
My question are:
1. How can I migrate my DLP, VSE, siteadvisor, RSD extension to SVR NEW? do I simply copy the folders from SVR OLD to SVR new? or do I need to install them manually?
2. How can I migrate my DLP evidence folder? copy them to my SVR NEW?
3. Anything else I missed from my upgrade plan above?
4. Is backup/restore from database snapshot enough to migrate all policies and client tasks from SVR OLD to SVR NEW?
Download the new ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) Support Center Extension which simplifies ePO management and provides support resources directly in the console. Learn more about ePO Support Center
2821 Mission College Blvd.
Santa Clara, CA 95054 USA
Consumer Support | Enterprise Support | McAfee.com
Legal | Privacy | Copyright © 2019 McAfee, LLC