betta
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Migrate ePO to new server then upgrade to 5.10

Hi,

I need to migrate/upgrade my ePO 5.3.1 to 5.10

Current ePO 5.3.1 (SVR OLD) environment:

Windows 2008R2, SQL 2008, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6 

New ePO 5.10 (SVR NEW) environment:

Windows 2016, SQL 2016, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6 

I'm testing my migration on test server as follow:

1.  Create new ePO SVR NEW(with different DNS name and IP, to prevent client connect to this server)

On SVR OLD

- Perform ePO database snapshot via ePO admin console

- Do full EPO database backup using SQL management studio then copy the database to ePO SVR NEW

On SVR NEW

- Restore current database using SQL management studio

- Install JRE 8u131

- Fresh install ePO 5.3.1 (same build as SVR OLD) select restore from database snapshot, provide all the credential to read current snapshot.

- Rename SVR NEW to SVR OLD, change IP to old IP (final step if everything is working), shutdown current SVR OLD

- Upgrade to ePO 5.10 (not yet done)

After the ePO 5.3.1 installation is completed, I can login to ePO console on SVR NEW, see all workstations/servers on the systems tree, DLP incident histories. 

My question are:

1. How can I migrate my DLP, VSE, siteadvisor, RSD extension to SVR NEW? do I simply copy the folders from SVR OLD to SVR new? or do I need to install them manually?

2. How can I migrate my DLP evidence folder? copy them to my SVR NEW? 

3. Anything else I missed from my upgrade plan above? 

4. Is backup/restore from database snapshot enough to migrate all policies and client tasks from SVR OLD to SVR NEW?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community