betta
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 1

Migrate ePO to new server then upgrade to 5.10

Hi,

I need to migrate/upgrade my ePO 5.3.1 to 5.10

Current ePO 5.3.1 (SVR OLD) environment:

Windows 2008R2, SQL 2008, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6 

New ePO 5.10 (SVR NEW) environment:

Windows 2016, SQL 2016, include VSE 8.8.X, DLP 11.X, SiteAdvisot 3.5.X and RSD 5.0.6 

I'm testing my migration on test server as follow:

1.  Create new ePO SVR NEW(with different DNS name and IP, to prevent client connect to this server)

On SVR OLD

- Perform ePO database snapshot via ePO admin console

- Do full EPO database backup using SQL management studio then copy the database to ePO SVR NEW

On SVR NEW

- Restore current database using SQL management studio

- Install JRE 8u131

- Fresh install ePO 5.3.1 (same build as SVR OLD) select restore from database snapshot, provide all the credential to read current snapshot.

- Rename SVR NEW to SVR OLD, change IP to old IP (final step if everything is working), shutdown current SVR OLD

- Upgrade to ePO 5.10 (not yet done)

After the ePO 5.3.1 installation is completed, I can login to ePO console on SVR NEW, see all workstations/servers on the systems tree, DLP incident histories. 

My question are:

1. How can I migrate my DLP, VSE, siteadvisor, RSD extension to SVR NEW? do I simply copy the folders from SVR OLD to SVR new? or do I need to install them manually?

2. How can I migrate my DLP evidence folder? copy them to my SVR NEW? 

3. Anything else I missed from my upgrade plan above? 

4. Is backup/restore from database snapshot enough to migrate all policies and client tasks from SVR OLD to SVR NEW?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community