Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Megacortex Ransomware

Hello guys,

I'd like to know from which version of DAT file we are able to detect Megacortex Ransomware. 

thanks

1 Reply
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Megacortex Ransomware

Hi @Sam88,

My apologies for the post being unanswered for 2 weeks now. I hope it's not too late. not only for this, but for any Malware campaigns you would like to inquire about, McAfee or any AV vendor for that matter cannot provide a solid answer on coverage information with the malware campaign's name.

This is based on the fact that malwares can vary, there may be several variants used in the same campaign, several can be undetected or detected based on their behavior while the AV vendor may not have any information of the file sample itself.

Hence I would request you to kindly help me with any IOC (Indicators of Compromise) or specific hash values you have for this malware so that we can help you with exact detection names if we already have the sample with us.

Alternatively, you can obtain the information via a Service Request as well.

Also, please bear in mind that we do not depend on Signature based detection alone as we use several components of Endpoint Security to perform detection using different technologies and parameters.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community