cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcafee Blocks Javax.Mail while sending Mail

Hai Pals,
Mcafee 8.5.0i blocks the mails which has written in javax.mail. This problem mainly arise while sending mail. If the Macfee is disabled then mail is sent. If the Mcafee is enabled then the mail is not sent. So everytime i have to disable the Mcafee and send mail. Why Mcafee block the javax.mail? Can I rectify it without disable the Mcafee? Is there any other options available?

Thanks & Regards
Mike
4 Replies
Mogsy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 5

RE: Mcafee Blocks Javax.Mail while sending Mail

do you have it set to block Email worms on port 25?? check your Access Protection settings for AV Std, 3rd last option.
Highlighted

Hi,

In access protection i checked the mass mailing worms from sending mails box . If I uncheck the mass mailing worms from sending mails is it safe to work? Is there any virus attack problem would come? Is it safe to my system? If I uncheck the column the mail will send. What can i do?

Thanks,
Mike
Mogsy
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

yes its safe to work, if you have any software on your system that uses port 25, you need to unlock this -- we found this out the hard way with GFi Faxmaker, it needs to use SMTP port to send our faxes to the Exchange Fax mailbox as PDF's, and that port got blocked by McAfee's default install.

Used PRP to set the policy to do this, you could do the same, so only certain machines that need this get it unlocked via ePO (I'm guessing here). PRP only offered basic policies, so it was all or nothing, one Workstation and one Server policy options.

Thanks

Hi Friend,

I tested with Mcafee and i included javaw.exe in access protection now i can send mail without the Mcafee block. Thanks for your help.

Thanks,
Mike
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community