Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MLDMLD
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 8

McAfee for VSphere (VMSAFE)

All,

I would like to know if a beta of a Antivirus VMSafe appliance is available, or when it will be available ? I see only McAfee firewall on the Vmware Marketplace.

In my company, we have many VMs and we have to install and manage antivirus on each of them.

With a VM dedicated to this activity, we will manage only one antivirus on each ESX instead of each VM.

It should work like McAfee antivirus for NetApp : dedicated servers running the antivirus control NAS files.

Thank you
Best regards
MLD
7 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 8

RE: McAfee for VSphere (VMSAFE)

You should ask Mcafee direct, these are self help boards and input from Mcafee corporate techs is very rare.

Re: McAfee for VSphere (VMSAFE)

VirusScan for Offline images is available, which uses VMSafe APIs to scan offline disks accssed via ESX

Nothing is currently roadmapped for on-access scanning - no AV vendor has this technology available (or even roadmapped as far as I'm aware) yet.

Watch this space I guess

jonesl
Level 7
Message 4 of 8

This is quite an old post i see but wondered if anyone has heard any developments on VMSafe and McAfee? as we are keen to look at this?

Hi there,

We announced something called MOVE (McAfee Optimized for Virtual Environments) at Citrix's Synergy event a couple months ago.  MOVE is a platform that is similar to the VMSafe apis.  However, MOVE supports VMWare, Citrix, and Microsoft.  We will be shipping in next month or two both MOVE (the platform) and MOVE AV (the first product on that platform.)  MOVE AV offloads the AV scanning from the guest VMs into the hypervisor.  We will be launching this in more detail at our Focus customer event in early October.

MLDMLD
Level 7
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

One year after, I get the response I wanted !

I'm looking forward for the product documentation

Thank you very much.

Best regards

ML

So on VMware platforms, does MOVE AV make use of the recently announced vShield Endpoint interface?  Or does MOVE make use of some other mechanism?

MOVE AV uses it's own mechanism.  This mechanism is part of the MOVE platform itself.  Shoot me an email at brian_foster@mcafee.com if you want more details.  I can get the PM in touch.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community