cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

McAfee Secure Server charging my bank account 3 yrs after buisness closed.

Please Help

Several years ago I set up a web based business that was not a success and ceased trading almost 3 years ago. last year when checking my personal account I noticed I'd been charged over £1000.00 sterling for McAfee Secure Server even though the company was not trading and the website no longer available. Unfortunately it was some time before I noticed the charge, when I contacted customer service I  was informed it was to late to request a refund. I was very disappointed but accepted the terms and conditions. I obviously asked the service operator to ensure my account be cancelled so this could not happen again. I had been charged a large amount of money by a big company who had not provided any product or service as my company was no longer trading, Morally and Ethically I should have been refunded but McAfee had the T&C's.

Last night  looking through my bank statement I find I have again been charged by McAfee Secure Server US $1558.00  which is £1010.79 Pounds. This year it is only 10 days since the money was debited, so today I spent 5 hours trying to get a refund with no success.

I started by calling the McAfee UK service and support number and was taken through the whole id security checks before being given a number to ring, the number didn't work so I called back went round the same circle and was given another number service record # 1832963535 this second phone number (3rd service operator), id security more explanations before being given more 2 telephone numbers, the first number took me through security, id and checked my service record before providing me with the second number the previous operator had given me, Excited I think this looks promising and call, go round the same circle again only to be told I need to call a number I have already tried. This operator and her supervisor come up with a solution: She will create a new service record with everything carefully recorded #1833002721 I ring back a few hours later when the US support department is open her colleague will read the service record and connect me to the correct department in the US.

Great plan but, the US service operator said I was talking to the wrong department and she couldn't help but would give me another telephone number, I explained how I had been connected to her by the UK support service and asked if there was anything else she could do. She became stroppy and unhelpful, I insisted she gave me her name and asked to be connected to her supervisor after 5 minutes of music I was connected to voicemail.

Is there anybody here who can help? I have made 10 telephone calls to 8 different numbers been taken through ID and security each time, listened to over 60 minutes of music, I have 2 service records listed above, have made many web searches looking for the correct contact number. In total today I have wasted 5 hours of my time and money on the phone but got no were. All numbers and the US operators name saved for the correct department

Hopeful

Bill

8 Replies

Re: McAfee Secure Server charging my bank account 3 yrs after buisness closed.

Auto-renewal is quite normal and would have been spelled out in the terms when you first subscribed, however, refunds are made if incorrectly charged.

Assuming you are in the UK you would need to turn off auto-renewal in your account tab in the following link, faling that contact Customer Service to arrange to have it turned off plus get a refund: Welcome To The Service Portal

UK Head Office:

United Kingdom

227 Bath Road
Slough
Berkshire SL1 5PP
United Kingdom
Tel: +44 1753 217500

Completely free music selection on many different platforms.

Download reputable free updated phone ringtones at the website sonnerie portable

A great selection of music.

Download and install high quality phone ringtones at the website KlingeltoneKostenlos

olidajin
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

This is bad!

olidajin
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

I think you should use happy songs at klingeltöne mp3 to improve your spirit

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community