Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 vs. Windows 10 Feature update 20H2

Hi

I'm struggling with deploying Windows 10 Feature update 20H2 through sccm, as described here https://www.prajwaldesai.com/upgrade-to-windows-10-20h2-using-configmgr/, to computers with McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 installed. Sccm Software Center on the computers just states "Installing..." until the maximum run time of the update runs out, I have tried with both 180 and 360 minutes for the feature update.

When McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 isn't installed, there is no problem, the feature update installs in 30-60 minutes without any problems at all.

Please help me or point me in a direction...

Regards

Frederick

4 Replies
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Endpoint Security 10.7 vs. Windows 10 Feature update 20H2

Hello @Former Member 

Thanks for your post.

As per the attached screenshot the version is supported with the Windows 10 Feature update 20H2 as per the KB article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB82761

I would Suggest you to please open a New Service Request with Support Team.

Was my reply helpful?
If this information was helpful in any way or answered your question, will you please select Accept as Solution in my reply and together we can help other members?

ton009
Level 9
Message 3 of 5

Having the same issue... any suggestions or best practice on upgrading to 20h2 with ENS 10.7?

Also it requires several restarts which on a bunch of remote laptops with DE will take a lot of time 😞

MattJ
Level 7
Message 4 of 5

Does anyone have a fix for this?

AdithyanT
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 5

Hi @MattJ

Thank you for your query. This post does not contain any troubleshooting to confirm "where" or "what" in ENS is causing the issue. So we will need component isolation to be done first so we can come up with an immediate workaround and eventually a fix possibly in the form of exclusions.

--> I would recommend adding all vendor recommended exclusions as suggested by SCCM to ENS.

--> I would recommend turning off the features one by one and checking which is the root cause of the problem here. for example:

1. Disable on-access scan. Is the issue resolved?
  2. Disable Exploit Prevention. Is the issue resolved?
  3. Disable Access Protection. Is the issue resolved?
  4. Disable ScriptScan. Is the issue resolved?
  5. Disable Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI). Is the issue resolved?
  6. Stop the McAfee scanner service process, McShield. Is the issue resolved?
  7. Uninstall ENS Threat Prevention. Is the issue resolved?

Similar steps to be carried out for other components (ATP or Firewall) that may be installed.

With this information, we should be able to pinpoint the responsible feature and disable that temporarily for a work around while you can have a service request created with support for further analyzing logs and determining a fix for the same.

I sincerely hope this helps you begin the investigation.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community