cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

McAfee Downloads Site - Navigation Annoyance

Hi,

This is a trival thing, but has been bothering me for.....um, years I think.......was expecting it to get fixed but it never did 

Thought I would make a post in the hope that others also found it annoying, so it can be changed by McAfee.

It is to do with the very poor navigation on the McAfee corporate downloads site, which goes somthing like this :

Ok, so, when you open the downloads site, the first thing you need to do is login.

Ok all good, you login,

Next you get a list of all the available products you have purchased. e.g McAfee AntiVirus Defence, Antispyware etc.

Ok, so, well this screen is probably un-necessary, but no big deal, so you click on one of the options and get to the downloads menu (the place you actually want to be).

Once you are there you see all your available products (epo, siteadvisor, McAfee agents, different VSE versions etc).

That is all great so far, there was one useless click, but no big deal.

So now you are on the screen you wanted you now need to click on a product (say McAfee agent, for example) and it will take you to a page showing you all the downloads for McAfee agent.

That is fine, you click, you look for updates or download what you need. Done.

Ok, so now you want to go back to the list of all your available products again, to check or dowload something else.

The page you where on before this one, that lists everything.

This is where it gets dumb.

There is no way to get back to the list of product again. You can't use the back button and there is no link to take you back there.

The closest link available is a link for "My Product - Downloads" on the left of the screen, so you need to click on that.

So you do that, and now you are back to the logon screen again, but since you are already logged in, you get the message.

"You are currently logged in. View My Products or use the form below to login with a different Grant Number"

So then from there, you get taken back to the un-needed product menu. And then after you select from that again then you are back on the screen you want to be on.

If you look at another product from this menu, you then need to repeat this whole process each time you want to check or download a different product.

This is really annoying navigation!  Especially when you want to either look at, or download more than one product.

Because it has been like that forever, and because that navigation doesn't make any sense, it makes me think that nobody from McAfee actually uses that site......or else they surely would have fixed it by now.

Anyone else find this annoying (after years of clicking through it ) ?

Message was edited by: rhythm_methods on 2/05/10 5:15:06 PM
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: McAfee Downloads Site - Navigation Annoyance

McAfee is a conservative company. we don't like changes. period.

by the way, you missed hell lot of other annoyances:

1. I Agree in each page
  2. New versions and old versions in the same page and same products repeating in every other section
  3. Download timeouts
  4. Low bandwidth
  5. No menu system
  6. No possibility for delegation
  7. Lack of proper documentation
  8. no additional tools or training no matter you paid for Gold or Platinum
  9. No ISO images, no download managers and no support for other download managers
  10. No way to select multiple files and download at once

we live in post 911 era; don't ask too much. we are still trying to figure out why do people need 64 bit computing.

on 5/5/10 10:54:03 AM GST
Highlighted
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your feedback guys. I am routing this to the appropriate teams internally.

Highlighted

Excellent, thanks April, it would improve my overall McAfee managment experience to have these thigns sorted.

Highlighted

I have the problem here i try to download to my laptop the 2'nd licence because i have buy 3 licence and it takes me to the login page again and again whats going on do i have 3 licene or not can i downloaded it to my laptop or not the page comes back to the login page so i login and then when i press the download buttun it goas back to the login page

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community