cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee AV Engine 5300 released - Improved Performance and Detection

So far, this new engine is working well on my XP SP3 PCs at work. Performance seems to also be improved, as launching programs and invoking right-mouse seems slightly faster. It is available as a standalone update from McAfee for corporate users

McAfee AV Engine 5300 released - Improved Performance and Detection
http://www.avertlabs.com/research/blog/index.php/2008/08/07/a-new-engine-to-drive-detection-fast-tha...

McAfee AV Engine 5300 - Download site
http://www.mcafee.com/apps/downloads/security_updates/engines.asp?region=us&segment=enterprise

QUOTE: McAfee Avert Labs proudly released a new version of it’s core technology late last week. The 5300 Scan Engine is the most recent major release, and boasts significant performance optimizationsin terms of scan and initialization times - in addition to a 42% improvement in memory usage. As the number and types of malware continues to grow at an ever increasing rate, Avert has worked hard to include functionality in the engine to enable better detection.
1 Reply
westmill
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

RE: McAfee AV Engine 5300 released - Improved Performance and Detection

We are trying it now, although I thought I put this in evaluation it deployed to everyone already and seems to be in current (DOH).
I have a small HP 2510p (Which is slow anyway) and it does appear to be faster, Lotus Notes 8 is slightly faster
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community