cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Is McAfee antivirus any good?

I know about how it used to suck etc. Although now in 2018, it would have had to improve over the years, right?

Reason is, bought McAfee full protection softwear (with the rebate he pays $0, which is why he did it) and the protection can go on 10 different devices. I figure a full, complete antivirus that was bought would be better than regular level free antivirus. So I'm just wondering if I should uninstall my free avg (although I did buy AVG internet security for now) and put this on it. I put it on his laptop and so far its running as any other antivirus would (display, settings, options etc all seem to be the regular stuff) . Serious thoughts on it?

5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Is McAfee antivirus any good?

I prefer McAfee over all other AV solution providers. In our company we have ENS and at home I'm running Total Protection on my gaming PC. Both products are performing awesome! Very happy with McAfee.

Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

I have been a Norton user for sometime now but now I am planning to switch to McAfee, as Norton is making my system speed low. I researched online about it, I read that [https://www.cimananotech.com/mcafee-vs-norton/] McAfee is better in terms of malware protection and system impact compared to Norton. If I run both, I guess it would put an impact on system. Any suggestions?
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Hi @Jiya,

Excellent question here. I would definitely recommend you NOT to run 2 Anti-Malware products on the same machine. Imagine this like 2 people trying to do the same job at the same time in the same place. This is bound to create conflicts right? The same way 2 Anti-Malware solutions using similar technologies running on the same machine will not just consume resources but may result in unnecessary issues like dead locks. Please do note that there are people who have achieved success in running more than one AV solutions on their machines. But, I would not recommend the same.

I sincerely hope this helps in answering your question.

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 5 of 6

Hi @DavidBhai 

Thank you for your post. First of all, Welcome to McAfee! We are glad to have another valuable member to our wide Customer base. I think it would be unfair of me to speak how good our products are while working for McAfee, but I am very glad to hear @ilukeberry's reply.

I sincerely hope you arrive at a positive opinion on our products based on your research, experience and discussions here as well. In case you need any technical assistance with any McAfee products, do not hesitate to let us know and we will be glad to be of assistance.

Good luck!

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thanks and regards,
Adithyan T
Highlighted

Just wanna add this: We had Kaspersky before and it was total nightmare to manage. Things didn't work, support was really bad. McAfee support is top notch.. they get back to you really quickly and trying to work things out with you. That's for Enterprise support. Never dealt with consumer support. It's probably different support team since it's different product.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community