Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Raj909
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

HIPS and Vista SP1 Issues?

Has anyone experienced any installation issues of HIPS 7.0 on Vista SP1 computers?

I am running VirusScan 8.5 Patch 4, AntiSpyware 8.5, ePO Agent 3.6.0.574. When trying to deploy via ePO 4.0 console, it downloads and verifies the HIPS installation files, but when it starts to download KB893803-x86, I get the BSOD. I can't even manually install HIPS using the McAfeeHIP_ClientSetup.exe.

Any suggestions? Documentation says it is compatible with Vista 32-bit and 64-bit.

Thanks
5 Replies
Raja
Level 9
Message 2 of 6

RE: HIPS and Vista SP1 Issues?

There are install logs in the windows folder. McAfeeHip7_install.log should give you an error or some indication why it's failing.
Raj909
Level 7
Message 3 of 6

The log doesn't seem to show any errors that I can see. I opened a case with McAfee, and this is what they had to say.

"We currently do not support SP 1 for Vista, with HIPS 7.0. At this point, I do not have a time as to when it will be supported, but currently it is not."
Raja
Level 9
Message 4 of 6

Who sent you that reply?
SP1 is currently not supported but will be supported soon.
Raj909
Level 7
Message 5 of 6

Alex Beshirs CISSP
McAfee Tier II Support
McAfee, Inc.

Guess we'll wait till they support Vista SP1.
Raja
Level 9
Message 6 of 6

From KB46096;

"For all other products, McAfee provides the following support statement:
McAfee products will be verified or validated against and supported with all Microsoft service packs and critical updates (including monthly security updates) for operating systems supported by those products within:

30 business days of the official Microsoft GA date in the case of Service Packs
5 business days of the official Microsoft GA date in the case of critical updates
Exceptions to this policy will occur only in cases where significant issues are found in any compatibility testing we perform, and in those cases a specific announcement will be made.

This policy applies to all products designed to run on Microsoft platforms."

HIP 7.0 patch 1 is already done. I would be looking for SP1 support in HIP 7.0 patch 2.

The patch schedule is in KB as document 614019.
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community