Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dEcSup
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 7

Full Scan virus???

anyone has any idea about a virus call "Full Scan"? my server keep getting events about this virus not removed:

Actual threat names: Full Scan
6 Replies
Grif
Level 10
Message 2 of 7

RE: Full Scan virus???

Which operating system is installed on the computer. Please give us the EXACT error you are getting especially if you're getting the error in the "Event Viewer" section. It may not be a virus at all. In addition, which McAfee antivirus program are you using? Since you mentioned a "server", and if you've got a corporate Enterprise VirusScan version installed, such as VS 8.0i or 8.5i, which patch for the program do you have installed?

Hope this helps and let us know more.

Grif
dEcSup
Level 7
Message 3 of 7

Sorry for lack of info posted.

I am actually receiving this email notification from ePO 4 patch 2 server's notification rule. the notification rule has been set to send me email whenever there is virus not removed. In the notification rules, i chose to filter
[
Products: VirusScan
Categories: Virus detected (heuristic) and NOT removed
Virus detected and NOT removed

For Email Message,

Body: Actual threat names: {ReceivedThreatNames}
]

The {ReceivedThreatNames} variable is where i received "Full Scan" as virus. I doubted it is virus, yet can't figure out why is it sending me as virus not removed. We are using VS 8.5i patch 6.1. Any idea:confused:

Thanks Grif for replying.

-dec-
Grif
Level 10
Message 4 of 7

OK, since it's now clear that you're using an Enterprise version of VirusScan and the problem isn't related to a Virus Removal issue, I'll move your post to a more appropriate forum. Your thread will now be in the "General Corporate Network/Business" Enterprise section where ePO is frequently discussed. You can access your thread from either forum location.

As to the error, have you checked out each of the machines which are throwing the error.. Maybe the detections are related to Potentially Unwanted Programs, your settings aren't set to remove PUP's, and therefore aren't being deleted.. A physical check of those computers in question might be in order.

Hope this helps.

Grif
dEcSup
Level 7
Message 5 of 7

I think this is not a PUP problem. I have checked the system reported and notice that this mostly happen whenever there is virus detection when Full Scan or On Demand Scan was performed.

The question is why sometimes it will capture virus name, yet sometimes will return me the Scanning process name. Still need sometime to investigate.. Thanks for your help. happy
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 6 of 7

Are you sure these are not just time outs in the scan process, and therefore have no threat name, what did the logs say for the scan on a relevant machine that provided the notification?
dEcSup
Level 7
Message 7 of 7

One common message in all relevant machines log is virus detection.
Another common message in the relevant machines OnDemandScanLog is "Not scanned (The file is encrypted)"

e.g.:
10/10/2008 1:00:45 PM Not scanned (The file is encrypted) xxx

except for one machine that does not have "Not scanned" message yet still capturing threat name as "On-Demand Scan" and sending email notification to me because there is virus detection using on demand scan.

Now i have a variety of such notification email:

Actual threat names: On-Demand Scan

So I assume whenever there is virus detection it will capture the scanning method as Threat Name and send an alert to me saying it is not removed.

i will try other notification rule later and monitor how is it.. Thanks.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community