cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Extra.dat not Working

I have attached the contents of extra.dat..pls go through it..

Highlighted
mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

That is a seriously messed up extra.dat! I think there's over 260 different drivers in there.

Have you (or another admin) been manually pasting various extra.dats together? There are only two approved ways to merge extra.dats (either use the "Combine Extra.DAT Files" functionality on http://mysupport.mcafee.com or platinum.mcafee.com  OR submit the files again as one submission to McAfee Labs).

Refer to https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB68061

Hi, extra.dat is now working. what i did is i stopped the Mcafee mcshield service and then copied the extra.dat and put into programfiles\commonfiles\mcafee\engine..

and then restarted the mcshield service. after that its showing the names of signatures in the virus scan console.it works in all machines but we need to manually copy the extra.dat file but anyways we have escalated this problem to our global team, lets see what they say. Thanks for your support.

Note: actually we have a antivirus site, from there all mcafee updates will get downloaded to our jump server on a daily basis. we copy the extra.dat file from jump server only.

mjmurra
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 14 of 14

Good to know it works, but make sure you stress the point to them about how to correctly combine extra.dat's...

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community