Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fad3r
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

EPO Admin Permissions & Logs

Hey guys,

3.6 user here. I have two questions. First off where are the logs of what user has done what from an administrative perspective in epo. We are suffering from too many hands in the pot syndrome. No good.

My second question is about permissions. It appears there are only 4 levels. Either full admin of everything, full admin of sites, full reviewer (read only) and reviewer of sites. Is there a way to set more granular permissions?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked before I am sorry I did a quick search for epo logs and epo permissions and saw nothing
Labels (1)
Tags (2)
8 Replies
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 2 of 9

RE: EPO Admin Permissions & Logs

Question1 :
queries
epo user activity

Question 2:
no, not in 3.6 (but the sites ones can be set for specific sites and products so I'm not sure what else you would want for a non admin user)
Highlighted
fad3r
Level 7
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

I tried what you suggested for part I but i did not see epo user activity.

What I see under queries is:
Computers
Events
Installations
VS 8.0

Under each of those branches there are sub-branches but none of them deal with user issues.

Btw thanks for all your help you're like the main guy who gives me replies.
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

What version of 3.6 are you running? Are you using the built-in MSDE database?

We are running EPO 3.6.1 with Patch 3 and have the EPO User Activity option under Queries. Not too sure why you wouldn't see the same. Have you considered giving McAfee support a quick call.
fad3r
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Hi. We are running 3.6.1 Patch 3. Due to business politics I don't have a direct line to Mcafee support. Very convoluted. Is it possible for me to attach a screenshot to the post?

We are using SQL and the SQL portion is on another server
Reliable Contributor twenden
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 9

It looks as though they don't allow you to attach images. This is a permission that the site administrators have to allow.

Sorry to hear that you can't call support. I tried searching the McAfee knowledge base but could not find any solutions to your problem. In our setup we are using the built-in MSDE database. Not too sure if this is the reason why we see the epo user activity option and you do not.

Hopefully someone else on this forum might be able to help.
fad3r
Level 7
Message 7 of 9

Tweeden, thanks for trying man. We actually have 2 epo servers in 2 separate environments (only difference is the sql is local on one) and neither have the users under query.

Hopefully someone else helps.

Thanks again.
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 8 of 9

this function works under both remote SQL and msde, are you logging in as the default admin user? this may not be visible for all users
tonyb99
Level 13
Message 9 of 9

The data that the query works from is from the audit log I think and should still be accesssable even if there is no query.

details here:
https://knowledge.mcafee.com/SupportSite/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB43349&slice...
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community